Monday, 1 June 2015

Week 7 - Term 2

Move It - Tuesday. Please bring your PE gear.

Singing Practice - Wednesday. Please be at school on time as singing starts promptly at 8:45am.

Library - Wednesday. Remember to bring your book back from last week so you can get a new one.

Reading Logs - Congratulations to Aleena. She has finished the blue reading log which means she has done 100 nights reading so far this year. Well done! I wonder who will be next?

Toys - The children may bring one toy to share for news on a Monday (or in this case Tuesday this week). Once news has been shared the toy needs to go back into their back for the rest of the day - it does not come out for morning tea or lunch play. Monday is going to be the only day that a toy is allowed to come to school. I am hoping that this will reduce the number of altercations that are brewing over toys among the children. The school has a great programme running - The Playground Angels - that provide activities at lunchtime for children to participate in. I will be encouraging the children to do this if they are stuck for a game to play or looking for a new activity to experience. I will be explaining this to the children on Tuesday. 

Mid-Year Testing - June means testing time for reading, writing and maths. As much as possible testing will be completed during the time we usually have these subjects. Reading and Maths testing are individual tests and do take time to complete. I am hoping there will be minimal disruption but please bear with me - the best laid plans can sometimes come undone.

Upcoming Events
Week 8 = Sacred Heart Mass - Friday 9am in the church

No comments:

Post a Comment